Saturday, July 30, 2011
This is such a great blog! I found lots of free apps for Savannah on this blog! They are great for children with any type of development delay or disabilities! Savannah loves using the I pad. She would never put it down if we didn't make her. Savannah's favorite App is color dots! Check it out!
Friday, July 29, 2011
Boil water and add oil and food coloring to it. Pour into flour mixture. Let the mixer kneed the dough until a ball forms.
Let the play dough cool before you package it! Don't forget the oil!!! I forgot it. The oil will keep it from drying out too fast.
Savannah thought it was so neat!
We rolled the play dough into balls and put them into baggies.
For two of the baggies, we cut the play dough into flowers. I'm going to be putting together a scenery fun bag for Savannah.
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Grilled Chicken with PeachesIngredientsGrilled Chicken with Peaches Recipe
- 8 Servings
- Prep: 15 min. Grill: 20 min.
- 1 cup 100% peach spreadable fruit
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 8 medium ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; set aside. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with some of the reserved glaze. Transfer to a serving platter; keep warm.
- Grill peaches cut side down for 8-10 minutes or until tender, turning and basting every 2 minutes with remaining glaze. Serve with chicken. Yield: 8 servings.
Chicken Tostadas with Mango Salsa
- 6 Servings
- Prep: 30 min. + marinating Cook: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 5 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 medium mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 6 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the orange juice, 3 tablespoons lime juice, garlic powder and cumin; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- For salsa, in a small bowl, combine the mangoes, onion, cilantro, serrano pepper, ginger, brown sugar, salt and remaining lime juice. Cover and chill until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Cut into thin strips.
- In a nonstick skillet, cook tortillas over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Top each with coleslaw mix, chicken, mango salsa and sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Editor's Note: We recommend wearing disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 238 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 203 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.