Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Fun With Homemade Pay dough

 Savannah and Xander love play dough! One day, I really just needed something for the kids to do so they would stop whining and fighting and so that I wouldn't have a break down, really. This play dough recipe was so simple and not too messy! The recipe HERE!It's a cute blog with lots of tutorials.






 Savannah loves her "Slippers!"
 Xander got the boysih cutters! I realized that I don't have too many of them.
 Notice the hair??? That silly little guy!



 Ingredients:
1 C Flour
1 C Water
1/4 C Salt
1 TBSP Vegetable Oil
2 tsp Cream of Tarter
Food Coloring 
Sparkles (For Fun!)
Sauce Pan and Wooden Spoon
Little helping hands.


I love doing crafts that my kids can help with! They just love to help! Savannah especially loves to pour and stir!  I like to talk to them and use it as a teaching tool. I have them make circles and other shapes in the pot with the spoon, and I try to teach them measurements and about being safe while using the stove. And, this is always fun on a rainy day!


 We love our flowers!

 I had to take the play dough away from him when he discovered that he liked the taste of it. Savannah tried to steal a taste every time she thought I wasn't looking too. LOL!


 We also love to use their play kitchen cups, knifes, and plates and stuff too with the play dough. We cut, roll, smash, and practice using our imagination and make tea parties!
Play dough can be lots of fun! And I love my little helpers who are usually, pretty good at helping mommy clean up!

No comments:

Post a Comment