Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Importance of Life

Heavenly Father has a plan for us. I know that he is with us during our trials. We have to look to him. I was planning my young women s lesson for next week (The importance of Life) and came across this video. It touched my heart. What a beautiful person and story. Life is so precious to me. It can so very easily slip away. I should be more positive and enjoy and cherish every moment that I have with my family and loved ones. I am so very blessed and thankful for my beautiful children and how much they have taut me and helped me grow. I am thankful for my loving husband and his understanding, love and support he has for me, and all that he sacrifices for us. I am so thankful for my wonderful family and friends and all of their thoughts and prayers, who are there for me and my family, who care for us. I love you all and words can't say how thankful I am for all of you and thank you for listening to me and giving me comfort, and friendship. This morning I was reading the scriptures and found these verses.
Mosiah 24:13-14
And it came to pass that the voice of the Lord came to them in their afflictions, saying:Lift up your heads and be of good comfort, for I know of the covenant which ye have made unto me; and I will covenant with my people and deliver them out of bondage.
And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders; that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this I will do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.
Most of all I am thankful for my Heavenly father and, also Jesus Christ for dying on the cross for me so that I can return to him and be with my loving companion and my children for eternity. We will rejoice with no fears, worries, and no more pain. I look forward to that day. I believe that on the day of the resurrection we will all be judge of our good works. I was also reading in 3 Nephi 17;9 and the words touched me.
And it came to pass that when he had thus spoken, all the multitude, which one accord, did go forth with their sick and their afflicted, and their lame, and with their blind, and with their dumb, and with all them that were afflicted in any manner: and he did heal them every one as they were brought forth unto him.
The answers that I find in the scriptures and the spirit of the Holy Ghost. are also a great confort to me, and get me through each day.

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! Thank you for these beautiful reminders.
    And....I think I need to come over for lessons on doing my girls' hair. Savannah's hair is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great, these scriptures are so wonderful and I am so grateful you shared them.

    ReplyDelete