Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Day In Nicole's Life

Today was just one of those days... I got up hoping to get into the shower before the kids woke up,but as soon as I had gotten out of bed Xander starts crying. I feed Xander and then Savannah wakes up and we have to do her routine. She brings her pillow, baby, and pink blanket out, I get her some milk. She lays on the couch and drinks it while watching Monsters Inc., her movie for the week. She always picks a movie that she likes and is obsessed with it for a week to a month. That's the only movie she'll watch. I get her dressed and then do her hair while she sits on her pink blanket and watches her movie and drinks her water, then she has to go look at herself in the mirror. All she wants for breakfast is a banana. I wash the dishes in the sink, and clean the living room, Savannah's room, and make our bed. You'd never believe it at the end of the day.Xander starts crying again and he has a bowl moment. While I'm changing his diaper he is screaming and goes again in the clean diaper that I haven't yet finished putting on him and he also pees. I quickly throw a wipe over him, so it doesn't go anywhere.Luckily he was on a blanket that I can wash. I get him cleaned up and new clothes, then he starts screaming and using all his muscles ,standing up stiff as can be goes again, so I wait for a bit to let him go more if he needs to. Then, I change that one, then he does it one last time. We went through four diapers in just 15 minutes. Now hes happy! I then try to get him to go back to sleep so I can go shower, but he wont let me put him down or he wakes up crying again, oh and did I tell you he has to have me stand up too. He is such a needy little boy, but he's so cute! After about an hour and a half of this he finally goes to sleep, so I put him in his crib and go take a shower. Then after about 8 minutes Savannah comes into the bathroom crying because she wants me. She stays in the bathroom crying until I turn the water off, then she opens the cupboard under the sink. After I dry off and put my towl on in the shower I find Savannah had found something fun to play with. She had opened a new box of tampons and threw them all over the bathroom. She is known for making really big messes in a short amount of time.A couple months ago one night I had woke up to Savannah crying. I went in her room walking into a pile of white a foot tall all around her bed. I had just gotten a box of baby wipes at Costco and put it next to her crib not even thinking that she would do that. After the bathroom incident I get dressed, clean up her mess, and do my hair. Xander wakes up crying. He wants me to hold him of course, then I go into the kitchen and can't believe it's already noon, so I make Savannah her peanut butter sandwich and apple sauce and give her a small spoon of peanut butter( which she has to have every day for lunch). I clean up the living room again, vacuum the house and feed Xander.Then Court calls to tell me he's coming home for lunch, so I try to start making a pasta salad. Xander keeps crying because he wants to be held. I finally get it done, then we eat lunch while Savannah sits on daddy's lap picking out his pasta, then she does something amazing. She eats an olive and a mushroom! I'm never gotten her to eat an olive and not spit it out. That was exciting for us!We put her down for a nap going through her routine and making sure she has everything in her crib that she feels she has to have to sleep, her yellow swimming noodle, her green chair on her side of her bed, her baby, her pillow, pink blanket, book, felt butterfly s, foam ABC's, her music on, and her milk. After Court leaves I make my phone calls for appointments, A meeting with Savannah's teacher, meeting for Savannah's a valuation for Autism, a meeting with kids on the move for a new program called Bridges for Savannah, and Savannah's follow up appointment examination for her tubes.
I go over my Young Womens lesson again to figure out how I'm going to do it and read a story in the manual about a little girl with a mental disability. One day an apostle had come to her house and he said that she was so special in Gods eyes, and she was sent to earth for her mortal body in such a way that she cannot be tempted by this world, and she will return to God as pure as she came. He said that her parents had chosen to take care of this special spirit. These special children hold hands with god. This story touched me so much. I couldn't help but cry as I thought of my two beautiful children. If you would like to read this story I've posted it blow this post. This lesson, The "Importance of Life, lesson 32 Manual 2" has really touched my life. I feel like it was written just for me. Like it is Heavenly father knowing what I need to hear. I hope I can make it through this lesson on Sunday with crying through all of it.
I wake Savannah up and redo her go through her nap routine, then redo her hair. Her bus driver comes over at three for a meeting with me so I can meet her and do some paper work. I feel a lot better about letting her go to preschool on the bus now. It's so scary letting my daughter go with other people I don't know very well. I hope I can hold myself together her first day. I'm dreading it.

2 comments:

  1. This post is so familiar to me. Making appointments, the nerves about preschool, following the daily routines, cleaning up several times a day only to have it undone again....
    I have been meaning to ask you if the Bridges program was going to work for you. I would love to hear more about it.
    Thank you so much for posting the story about the child with special needs. I had heard about it before, but never new where to find it. It is an answer to a pray that you posted it here.
    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like my life.... minus the appointment stuff! I feel the same way most days- overwhelmed. I know you have more on your plate, I am sure it will get easier once Xander is a little older. It did for me. Let me know if you need any help. Even if it is just to run to the grocery store for you and bring it over or sit with them while you run somewhere or bring dinner or whatever. REally, if you are feeling overwhelmed, don't hesitate to reach out.

    P.S. Can't wait to hear the lesson

    ReplyDelete