Friday, March 4, 2011

Overcoming

The marvelous richness of human experience would lose something of rewarding joy if there were no limitations to overcome. The hilltop hour would not be half so wonderful if there were no dark valleys to traverse.
-Hellen Keller

I believe that our trials are specifically for each one of us. They are there to teach us, to help us grow, and to make us stronger. I know that my trials have made me stronger. I know that the trials that I've been through very hard but, because of them I feel that I am a much stronger person, and I know that I can get through anything that life throws at me. Some people are given very hard trials and then are given them again and again. I feel that, that is because I need to be taught again and again. Maybe one day I'll fully understand it, maybe not until after death.

Savannah and Xander teach me every day. I am so lucky to have these sweet angles in my life. I watched a video from a Bridges class that I missed. It was a panel of children and adults with asburgers and autism. One of them said that he can't wait until the second coming, because then, he will be able to make since of things and figure things out. I can't wait until that day! I can't wait to look upon my two beautiful children s faces, knowing that they are perfect, and how proud I will be of them and their strength.They were given extremely hard trials but, so far Savannah has been overcoming her disabilities and not letting them stand in her way. I want her to know that she must never say that she can't do something just because she is afraid to, or she doesn't think she can't do it . I can't wait to feel the peace of knowing that they are ok, and that they are happy. Everything and everyone is worth it!

1 comment:

  1. Nicole, you're amazing. Thank you for sharing your strength and testimony. You are a very special woman to have such wonderful kids. I can't think of anyone who deserves such a beautiful blessing more than you. You are a rock! I often think of you when I feel like my days are hard, you give me strength. THANK YOU!!! I love that you let your light so shine even when it's hard to get the candle lite. THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete