Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
Taste of Home
- 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup solid-pack pumpkin
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Spice Islands® pure vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour and yeast; set aside. In a saucepan, heat and stir pumpkin, milk, sugar, 2 tablespoons butter and salt until warm (120°-130°) and butter is almost melted. Add to flour/yeast mixture along with egg. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough. Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour. Roll into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Melt remaining butter; brush on dough. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough. Roll dough, jelly roll style, starting with the longer side. Cut into 12 slices, 1 in. each. Place rolls, cut side down, in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, melt butter in a saucepan; stir in brown sugar and milk. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 1 minute. Stir in vanilla, salt and 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar; beat until well blended. Add more sugar, if necessary, to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over rolls. Yield: 1 dozen.
I made these yummy treats in October but, I'm sure they would be great for Christmas morning or any other morning in December!!!Yes, I went a little overboard on the frosting but, I just love frosting, and I only make these once a year. They are so good!!!