Monday, September 17, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies!

I just love fall! I love how it gets nice and cool. The weather is perfect! I love that I get to start wearing boots and coats. I love spending the evenings outside with my family. And I love all of the fall traditions that I and memories that I get to make with my kids! I love taking my kids to the pumpkin patch, carving pumpkins, and going on fall walks! And, I really love fall soups and baking!! I found this recipe a few years ago for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies and they are the best I've ever had!! They are supper fluffy and for some reason the chocolate chips never harden. They are my favorite cookies ever!! I've been craving them for a very long time and I eventually broke sown and made them. It is a pretty large batch.

Just a little note, This last week Court and I have been doing really bad with our diet. I do have one excuse though, I had my birthday yesterday and turned 24. But, the kids are still doing great and I've been noticing that all of Savannah's clothes have been getting loser! Court and the kids got me 2 new amazing Paleo cookbooks for my birthday! I am so excited to start using them and get back on track! I really do feel a huge difference when I'm eating a healthy Paleo diet verses when I'm not eating the right things. So, hopefully I can be a better example to Savannah and Xander and start eating better again! But, until then enjoy!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 can (1LB 3 oz.) pumpkin
1 c. sugar/ or Splenda
1 c. oil vegetable or coconut oil
2 eggs
4 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp cinnmon
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp milk or almond milk
2 tsp. vanilla
4 cups flour/ (or to make it Paleo you could use coconut flour but I don't know the measurements for it :()
1 bag milk or dark chocolate chips

Dissolve baking soda in milk; set aside. In a large bowl add pumpkin, sugar, oil, and egg; stir. Add flower, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda mixture. Mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and vanilla. Mix well. Spoon onto cookie sheet. ( I use my pamper chef med. cookie scoop. I love it!) Bake at 375 degrees for 13 minutes. Makes 4 1?2 dozen cookies!



No comments:

Post a Comment