Monday, May 6, 2013

Vanilla Lemon Custard Cupcake, With Lemon Buttercream Frosting

Vanilla Lemon Custard Cupcake, With Lemon Buttercream Frosting
I was so excited to try out a new cupcake recipe for our Wards Relief Society Birthday Party! Luckily, It turned out great!! I just love this recipe!! It's perfect for Spring!

Vanilla Cupcakes:
1cup  unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup  granulated white sugar
6 large eggs
2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Zest of 1 large lemon (outer yellow skin)
3 cups  all purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup  milk

Buttercream Icing
  • 1 cup solid vegetable shortening
  • 1 cup  butter or margarine softened
  • 8 cups sifted confectioners' sugar (1 bag)
  • 2 tablespoons water
    2 teaspoons almond extract
    2 to 4 tablespoons light carol syrup

 I just used a large icing tip to cut out pockets for the lemon custard filling. It was supper easy! Just push down and twist!

 I took the easy way and bought the lemon custard filling at Funfinity. I just love that place and this stuff is delicious!!
 I just topped them off with some light yellow sprinkles! I hope you enjoy these supper yummy cupcakes!


No comments:

Post a Comment