Sunday, December 1, 2013

Primary

 A few months ago I receive a new calling in my church. I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints. To learn more about it you can go HERE.http://www.lds.org/?lang=eng 
 I was called to be the second counselor in the Primary. I get to work with the children, which is so much fun! I was so excited. I was a little nerves though because toe Presidency before us were pretty awesome! And it was going to be a lot of hard work but full of wonderful blessings.
 I started looking for some fun ideas to brighten things up and get the children really excited about coming to primary and learning about the Gospel. I just can't help myself but to get crafty!
These are little Name Popsicle sticks for calling on the kids. The orange bucket is for the Jr. Primary and the blue bucket is for the Senior Primary. I wrote the children's names on each stick and left some blank for visitors. After the name has been drawn, we just turn it upside down.
I also made some seat covers with the help of our amazing First Counselor! I used mostly scraps of fabric that I had on hand to help with the cost. We have ones that say Talk, Prayer, Scripture, Article of faith for the front and then one for each Class teacher's seat. I'll post some pictures of the finished product when I get a chance to take some. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment