Monday, December 13, 2010

Xander's Ear Infection # 3 & 4

How did I know that they would just keep coming back... Oh yeah, we went through the exact same thing with Savannah. She was almost always sick until she got her tubes. When Xander gets his next infection they will send him to Savannah's Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor for tubes. He has an ear infection in both ears and is still congested in his lungs, with a cough. They gave him a shot of antibiotics and put him on some oral ones, then tomorrow he's going to start some kind of steroid thing. They want to get his lungs to open up, and get cleaned out. I always know when Xander is in serious pain. That's when the pacifier doesn't even work. I hate seeing my kids get shots. I've been trying for a month to get Xander's flu shot and his six month shots, but he just keeps getting sick. It really worries me. Maybe next week. He's been sleeping on and off all day and not very much at night. He just looks so sad. He loves to cuddle with me though!

2 comments:

  1. He was so happy at the family party. He was a little darling. So sorry he is so sick. It was great seeing you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, my name is Amy and I was led to your blog by my therapist at Kids on the Move. I just recently learned of Bardet-Biedle Sydrome and I am very interesting in learning more. I have 2 kids who I think may have this syndrome. I am not sure but I really want to look into it more. My biggest question right now is where do I go to get started? Should I make an appointment with a geneticist? My primary care doctor didn't know anything about the syndrome so I know I need to start somewhere else. If you don't mind giving me some advice on where to start, I would appreciate it so much! You can contact me at arnesenamy09@gmail.com. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete