Pork with Watermelon SalsaSourse; Taste of Home
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Grill: 25 min.
- 1 cup seeded chopped watermelon
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup chopped kiwifruit
- 1/4 cup chopped peaches
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 to 2 mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 3 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
- For salsa, in a small bowl, combine the fruit, lime juice, honey,
- lime peel and mint; set aside. In a saucepan or microwave, heat the
- preserves for 1 minute.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat using a
- drip pan. Place pork over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect
- medium-hot heat for 15 minutes. Turn; brush with some of the
- preserves. Grill 10-15 minutes longer or until juices run clear and
- a meat thermometer reads 160°, basting occasionally with
- preserves. Serve with salsa. Yield: 6 servings (2 cups salsa).