Monday, November 12, 2012

Jumping Into November!

 Last week was red ribbon week at Savannah's school. I think I look forward to it more than Savannah!  One of the days was hat day! We love our hats!


 And on crazy hair day, I put Savannah's hair up in 3 buns and covered her hair in sparkles! I love experimenting with her hair!! I'm so thankful that she puts up with it! :) She was pretty excited about the sparkles though!
We have concord something that I never would have thought possible a month ago! We got rid of the Binky!!!!!!!!!!!  When I had Savannah and all up until Xander I always told myself that I wasn't going to be one of those moms who lets their 2 year old walk around with a Binky. But, when Xander came I became a big fan. He was so colicky and he just did not sleep. He screamed and screamed and screamed some more. Some nights I would just have to put him down in his play pin and I would sit on the floor next to him and let it all out myself. Actually, that happened a lot. I had no idea what to do. I know this adorable little man looks pretty darn cute and he is but this guy hasn't slept in his bed since he was 4 months old and he has only slept through the whole night 3 times since. Precious naps have rarely come his way in his life, and they are too short. So, not to go on and on with my point here but, his Binky was my life line and the only way that we have survived these last almost 3 years of his life. But, then a couple of weeks ago his speech therapist suggested that we try this scenery thing. It's called a chew toy but that sounds a little too much like a dog toy to us. I've been worried about his almost consent drooling, his biting everything, and how his Binky is effecting his teeth. This will help Xander with the scenery that he needs and not hurt his mouth. There are 4 sides and each side has a different texture. He only used the soft side though. Yes, it is just a Binky addiction replacement for now, and we will have to just get rid of it soon but, he has been officially Binky free for more than 2 weeks!!! I am so proud of him! I never thought it would have been so  easy! He even had two nights in a row that he didn't use it to fall asleep the first time! It always feels so good when something like this is a success because I don't feel like I have very many of those.  It really means a lot to me to that I have been able to achieve what other moms have!

 Xander has been doing so great at his play group that he goes to! He is playing and participating! He just loves it and I love this time that we get to spend together!


 It snowed so much on Friday! Savannah has been waiting for this since July when she put on her hat, coat and mittens and wanted to make a snowman! So, we spent Saturday morning making the kids a big snow castle! The kids had so much fun!!!!

Sunday morning, the little monster struck again. He dumped all the oatmeal onto the floor and was eating it. He is SOO lucky he is cute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment